


When we went to the GI last week the speech therapist recommended that we give Kamalee biter biscuits to help her learn to feed herself and to learn to move her food around in her mouth. She got one for the first time the other day and really enjoyed it. It didn't take very long and she was passing it from hand to hand and picking it up off the tray. She made a mess but had fun!
Wednesday, Kamalee had her first major bump...I had her on the couch, putting her jacket and shoes on to go outside. When I was done I ran to the closet to get my shoes and I heard a thud! Oh no! I saw her laying face first on the floor. Poor girl decided she is a roller and rolled off the couch. I ran to her panicked and picked her up. She whined a teeny bit and I set her down to look her over. When I saw no marks or anything I asked if she was ok? She responded with a HUGE grin! I guess she was saying she was. Boy was I glad to see a smile and no tears! Must have scared her a bit...I was also glad to hear from my sisters that they went through the same thing with their kids. (So is it normal or are we all bad mommas? :o) jk... LOL.
Kamalee's final bump was on thursday. We had a 2nd birth to three meeting. It went really well. We have increased her PT to once a week. We have also increased OT to once a week and I asked for speech therapy. The coordinator said that we could have the ST do an evaluation on Kamalee but the one in our area doesn't do much with feeding and this is mostly why I want a ST right now. From what I got from our coordinator she didn't really care for the ST in our area. So...we have asked a different OT to take over as she is very skilled in pediatrics OT and feeding...yay! So she will be getting the feeding portion of it. Kamalee is doing super and we have found she is a quick learner if we consistently show her something. We just don't know everything we should be teaching her so I am really excited to bump up the therapies.

1 comment:
What?! My kids have never fallen off a couch or bed! (Remember my husband who has fallen down the steps carrying EACH of my babies as newborns. And they are all ok. I think.) He even survived it. Survived ME, that is!
Post a Comment