
This is a little late, but better than never. I finally have my computer and my programs up and running! yay! So here was her 7 month picture with the puppy.
Also a few stats from Wednesday's GI appointment.
15lbs. 8oz.
24 and 3/4" long
She is growing so fast! She is sitting really well now and for longer periods of time. She will bear weight on her legs better but not for too long at once...but that's ok, we have time to work up to that. We saw a PT at the doctor and I told her our therapists are not coming as much as I would like and that I think Kamalee is losing ground because of it. (I'll get back to that in a minute) She wanted to see what Kami could do and I told her she has only been getting on her forearms, not pushing up on straight arms. So what does Kamalee do...shows the PT she can do that! :) It was kind of funny. So she is right on the edge of learning to pick herself up. With a little work I think we will have her on her hands and knees shortly! Back to the therapy situation. I have finally noticed areas Kamalee is lacking and have decided I wanted/needed Kamalee to have therapy more. We have a meeting next week so I was planning on telling them then. Well, needless to say the doctor and therapist in SF weren't very happy that the birth to 3 therapist aren't as eager to do the therapies as often. So, the doctor wrote out a prescription for therapy and told me to give to the coordinator. He said if they have a problem, they need to call him. And he says they usually don't like to call him because he isn't very nice! LOL. So we are going to be increasing services. I asked about speech a long time ago and they had told me it wasn't necessary and I am learning new reasons she should have speech. When we told the ST in SF that we have been signing to Kamalee the last couple of weeks, she was very impressed. She isn't doing any signs back, but I think she is understanding some. Like EAT. She loves to EAT!!! I guess we have been taking our initiative since we don't have people telling us what do regularly like we should.

3 comments:
You are doing great!!! It sounds like she is doing great too..We do signs too and Avery learns pretty well with them..They say it helps do sign and say the word together..The speech therapist also works with feeding too..which is a big help bc sometimes they have difficulty with textures..and remembering to chew..Avery loves to try to swallow her food whole..she forgets to chew..brush up on your CPR:)) Ya might need it!! Not sure if you have heard of this lady or not Sarah she is a ST but she is good and anyways i thought i would pass along her blog if you were interested!! http://www.asktheslp.blogspot.com/ She deals with alot of down snydrome children.
Does she have any tongue protrusion??
Thanks I will check her blog put. Right now she isn't too bad with her tongue. She has good control and it is usually only out when she is spitting bubbles or doing something with it. But she does sit with her mouth hanging wife open a lot.
Post a Comment