Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A new experience

This past weekend brought a new experience to the Ulschmid family. Justin's sister Kathy invited our family to a Monster Truck show in SF. We, the unkowing, we in for a treat. We didn't realize how loud this place could get and were not prepared. We did end up buying some earplugs for Kamalee. It was somewhat difficult making them stay in her ears; however, she didn't seem to care. She actually enjoyed it for the most part until the very end when all the big trucks got wound up to race. We tried to hold her down and cover her ears in preparment, but I think she was more mad about us holding her down than the noise. About 10:00 we decided to leave before the ramblings of all the big trucks. We only missed about 20 minutes so all in all she did very well. It was quite an experience. I actually think I was more nervous about the whole situation than Kammers. It brought back horrible memories of the circus bike riders I saw as a kid. I hated seeing them go round and round in that circular cage...just knowing it would end terribly. I couldn't watch. (Thanks Mom for letting me leave the circus early and not having to see the horrible ending...) Thanks Kathy for taking us along with you to see these crazy people. (I am very glad to say the ending was not terrible.)
This is before the show began. They were giving rides in the big General Hazzard truck...much like elephant rides at the circus but more expensive! She like watching this big guy go around.

These are kids racers. Younges is 4!!!! As soon as they came out, I looked at Justin and immediately saw the wheels spinning as I shouted "NO WAY!"
This was our favorite part. Two motorcycle riders came out and did jumps and tricks while in the air. Each time they went back to do it again, Kamalee would put her hands out reaching to them...wondering where they went. It was very cool to watch but I would hate to have known them...my heart was beating so fast!
This guy did back flips!!!! Here's a video of a few jumps and the backflips....

No comments: