Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Recap of the last week

Kamalee is just all over anymore! For not being able to crawl or walk, she sure moves. Sometimes I step out of the room briefly, come back and she has gone MIA! Here are a couple of her stuck moments in the past week that she has gotten herself into. Sorry the pictures are so bad, they are from my phone. She was trying to sit. The table was in her way so she went under it. Trapped, she yelled. When I came she sat up and just bulldozed the table away!

Again trying to sit. She doesn't car what's behind her, when she is ready to sit...she sits.
Last Wednesday, we made another trip to SF for a doc appt. for Kammers. She was supposed to go for feeding clinic. It was a mess of a visit with 3 hours there and her dr. not being there as he was sick. To spare you the unhappiness of my trip I will move forward to yesterday. I called and talked to the doc's nurse to see if he was able to view the video swallow we did. GOOD NEWS! He said he thinks she is ready to try thinned liquids (just regular liquids with no thickener in it) from her bottle!!!!! We had been trying to transition to a sippie but she didn't do as well with that so for now we are quitting that. He said she is still pretty young to even know how to do that. But we are going to try a sippie and straw sippie when we go back in 3 months. Yesterday, her first bottle with no thickener she did ok but had a few times where it went to the wrong pipe. So we are experimenting with 1 package of thickener for double the liquid as normal. She does great with this so I think we just need to ease her into and she will do great. This was exciting news!!!! If she gets all of the thickener away, she will not have an 'unusual' things that she needs to do. This will make it much easier for us to leave her with sitters and family :)
Last weekend we had a fun filled time with birthday parties, swimming, eating and another trip to SF. (I don't know why we don't live there :o) We were able to see Kathy again and she is doing great!!! Rehab is going well and she is becoming very coherent and easy to understand. She still has a hard time remembering things from the past, but it will come. We are so very fortunate that she is here! They are estimating that she may get to go home in 3-4 weeks!
This is Kamalee on the way home. She was becoming restless so I removed her socks to find the best toys ever!













3 comments:

Jodi Ulschmid said...

Love the pics! Very funny... and her attitude on the second one! Ha!

Michelle said...

What a litte booger!! I agree with you, why don't you just move to Sioux Falls?!?!?!

Amy said...

Weird people there. Hehe.