Thursday, September 17, 2009

Where do I begin?

We have been keeping ourselves busy lately...hence, no blogging. Sorry about that! Kamalee is getting big so fast and learning so many new things lately, that alone could take up my every moment. I also have been working on photos from 2 weddings I did plus a maternity session. I am finally almost finished with wedding #1. Thank goodness bride of wedding #2 is related and not in any hurry to get the photos!
Over Labor Day weekend we decided to a check out Lifelight in Sioux Falls. There was a HUGE crowd there. We had a really good time and enjoyed the music. The picture below is Justin, Kamalee and my nieces Brooklyn and Katelyn with the duck (not sure what/who he is). Kamalee was very interested in him and wouldn't stop looking at him. =)
We went to the Children's Stage and they had a little group playing music and kids up front dancing. The very first song they sang the kids were supposed to do what the lady did...Kamalee did it!!! It was so cute. It was the first time she really imitated. She would clap when that lady did and wave her hands when she did. At one point she even gave them 2 thumbs up....so funny!!!! Couldn't catch it in a picture but it was hilarious.







This is Kamalee and her Dad being goofy. He put her in her basket to play. She didn't seem to mind too much...

Kamalee used to be okay about just going in her crib and going to sleep...but not so much anymore. We went camping for a week this summer and so I put her to sleep by laying with her and ever since she has to be rocked. The other day she was fighting it so much I decided to try again...this is what we discovered....


She was peeking over her crib and just watching us...spying actually :) and when I went in there...she was very thrilled with herself.
She is getting very active and rolls/moves all over the place. She loves being able to lay down and sit back up by herself and is up down and all around the floor anymore. So...tonight we had to lower her crib. She likes to stand up and now the only way she can peek at us is if she does. lol
STOP!
(The upcoming pictures are gruesome. Proceed with caution :)






















notice the spot on the floor... well...there it is...Kamalee has been eating mostly table foods. She loves cheese...but it plugs her up! So due to some MOTHERly advice....I put some karo syrup in a few of her bottles. You know the outcome...let's just say, she can have all the cheese she wants! P U!

The bath pictures are after the above incident. She had bubbles and kept laying down to eat them! She thought it was so funny...she would come up spitting with bubbles all over her face and then yay and patty cake for herself...what a doll!!!!

One last note...Kamalee has been in between speech therapists right now as her normal one had to take medical leave for her son. Well, she met her new (and hopefully permanent one) today. Let's just say she only had TERRIFIC things to say about Kamalee. She said she is doing so well and couldn't believe everything that she does. She said it truly shows how much we work with her. She came in expecting to start with things much below her age level. Come to find out she is going to START with things above her age!!!! Hooray. She told Kamalee "I am so impressed with you. I think you are a miracle baby. We are going to work on advanced skills. It is OK to be AHEAD!" That made our day!

No comments: