some stats:
Kamalee went in for her 1 year appointment. She weighed 18 lbs. and was 28" tall. She is holding in at the 10-25th percentile on 'normal' charts and about the 50th on DS. Which means she is growing really well!!!! (to be honest, I am not sure how she doesn't weigh 25lbs by seeing how much she eats! :)
Also, after talking with her pediatrician and an exam she told us that she is doing everything that any 1yr old should be doing. Woot Woot, Kamalee!! The only thing big she is not doing yet is crawling. However, her doctor told us in development it is the 1 and only one developmental skill you do not need to learn to advance to the next stage. She and our pt have both said it is very likely she may skip crawling and go straight to walking. She loves to be up and on her feet and is getting so good about bending those little knees to take steps, with your fingers. We have 3 months to reach the goal I set for her...which is to be able to stand alone, steadily and take a few steps on her own by Christmas. We are working hard everyday and I am very positive about this. I think she can do it!!! She has already surprised us in so many ways that 'doctors' said she wouldn't do...

No comments:
Post a Comment