Monday, August 9, 2010

Our Weekend






It's funny how you notice how life changes from when you were a kid. I was 17 and living on my own before I experienced my first concert. Kamalee, not even 2, got to see her first, three! Saturday we went to the annual summer celebration at the Redlin Center. We had never gone before, but it was great. I think we will have to go again. We only went for the evening as Justin worked (His LAST saturday, btw :). But we saw a triple threat concert of Restless Heart, Blackhawk and Little Texas. Wow, it was fun. Older music that I remember loving when I was a kid...brought back old memories. Kamalee had a BLAST and was the life of the party for anyone in viewing distance. She didn't stop dancing and so enjoyed when everyone clapped. She also got to play with a glow stick for the first time. OOHH...AAAWW! She loved them and waved it about with all her might. She passed out in my arms during one of the last slow songs. Woke at the end long enough to applaud one more time and right back to sleep. They had a fireworks display at the end that was really pretty. Unfortunately, Kamalee missed them once again. So still no firework experience for her.... But she loved the rest.

No comments: