I have learned that there is always something! :)
Friday afternoon I had to call Kamalee's doctor. She was kind of holding her breath, working hard, had a fever again and her hands, arms, legs and feet were getting purple. When we got in there her O2 sats were at 89. Our dr. took a listen and sent us for bloodwork and a chest xray. Turns out she now had developed a small touch of pneumonia. After a neb treatment her O2 sats did rise to 97 so thankfully she wasn't hospitalized. BUT...when my doctor realized that sunday in the ER she was not given tamiflu, she was upset to say the least. She stated that Kamalee should have been given it that night since she is high risk. It also seems that a few of her other high risks patients were seen in the ER and not given tamiflu like they should have been. She is looking into it to see if it is just one dr or what happened and taking it up with the hospital board. GO HER!!! I wasn't happy when Kamalee didn't get the tamiflu but then when I heard others did that didn't have problems or anything I was even more upset. Well, now she is on the tamiflu. Normally it is supposed to be given in the first 24-48 hours of symptoms but the FDC has been seeing signs that it keeps kids from getting worse if gave after that timeframe. So she was finally put on it, along with antibiotic and nebs every 4-6 hours. The next day she was 10x better and looked so much better. I am so glad she finally got treated with what she should have. Our doctor recommended that we also write a letter to the hospital so they know. I doubt anything will be done about it, but at least I will feel better :)

5 comments:
Glad to hear she is better!!! That's just aweful... to say the least, of not getting medicine ASAP. Give her hugs and kisses for us!
And that is why I'm worried about the swine flu for Kolby--his lungs were through so much last year I'm worried about the fact it sometimes develops into pneumonia. Glad she's feeling better!
Good to hear! how is your sister in law doing now? hopefully better we ll keep praying...for both Kam and SIL:)
Glad she is feeling better..That stinks though that you had to go through that..Doctors arent they something..it sounds like u have a good regular dr though. Thats always a blessing!!
I am so glad we are better too! YES she does have a really good reg. doctor and I am so glad. But it makes me NOT want to ever see anyone else :)
Post a Comment