How is it another friday again? I guess I shall resume where I left off...
Saturday, we spent a majority of the day visiting Kathy in the hosptial again. Sunday, Kamalee woke up with a fever! CRUD. So we packed things up, stopped at the hosptial for a quick goodbye and headed home to our own beds. We made it as far as Brookings and had to pull over. Kamalee had to poop so we took her out of her seat. That's when I felt she was burning up! Temp 103. So we ran to walmart for some motrin as tylenol didn't seem to be doing the trick. She was finally hungry so we let her drink a bottle too. 45 minutes later, we were back on the road, finally. We were very much glad to be home. Kamalee took a long nap and woke up happy. Later that night, she was burning up again and the meds weren't helping. A friend of my sister's is a dr. so we got his advice and he thought she was a perfect candidate for tamiflu so we brought her to the ER. After a 2 1/2 hour wait (in the waiting room!!! yes I almost walked out) we finally got to see a doctor. After another hour and a half we were told that she had swine flu...and there was no treatment. (sigh) I asked about tamiflu and the dr. said it would no longer help since she has been infected??!?! WHAT! I really thought that was weird since I researched it and it said that it can be given to reduce symptoms quicker but is for high priority cases. Kamalee having heart problems I thought (as well as the dr. friend) that that would be her. Wrong, I guess. Whatever. So they sent us home with a neb. I guess at least our trip wasn't completely useless. What makes me even more upset...I found out later that the watertown ER saw 70 some patients that day for swine...0 were given anything! TELL US NOT TO COME IN THEN!!!! The news has hyped this flu into a 'deadly thing' but then the er basically laughs in your face. Although I did hear one of my baby cousins got tamiflu on Tuesday from the same er when she went in with it. ugh...just dont understand. Well..anyway, she has now been put on a list that the clinic has made of patients that should get the vaccine...but I don't understand why you would get the vaccine if you have had the flu...so if anyone knows more about this or has thoughts...please share!!!
It seemed that Kamalee was starting to feel better Monday, but I started downhill. Tuesday I was hit HARD with every symptom possible. Finally today I am better and moving. I just disinfected our entire house and opened windows. Hopefully all the germs are gone and we keep it away from Justin. So far all he has gotten is a headache and sore throat, which I hope leaves soon...BECAUSE...we got great news yesterday!!!!
Justin's sister, Kathy, woke up!!!! We have truly seen how God works through Kathy. We don't have a lot of detail yet, but we know that she seems to understand that she is in the hospital, recgonizes her husband and has even kissed him a couple times! She had a treck and g-tube surgically put in yesterday to make her more comfortable and hopefully will allow her to speak soon! AMEN AMEN!!



1 comment:
Welcome to south carolina er..but that is like that everytime..anyways a friend told me that since there were so many cases in watertown that is why they stopped giving out the tamiflu..i would really look into that shot beofre giving it to Kami..ive heard and read a few bad things on it..im sorry to hear that you guys got it..
That is so awesome about Justin's sister.
Post a Comment