Friday, February 27, 2009

The Extended Version

This is the 3 of us right before they took her back. Love the 'throw-back' pajamas!! Our little princess after surgery and in the PICU.
Thank you Aunt Becky and crew for the singing caterpillar and bear blankie! They slept with me all day and night.


I first want to thank, everyone, for their good wishes and prayers! I think we had 4 prayer chains, a MOPS group and so many friends and family we couldn't count! Thank you God for ALL of the wonderful people you have sent to us and blessed us with knowing and loving.
Right now, Kamalee is pretty sedated and sleepy. Yesterday, after surgery, they let her start to wake up. She would squeeze our fingers and move a little and then another round of medicine would be injected. She would slowly and quietly drift back to her beautiful dreams. We decided to leave the hospital about 6 last night and try to actually get some sleep. I got a few hours anyway. I am headed back up there in a little bit to start the day. The surgery went really well. The doctor said "she had some tough tissue that I didn't like and expected some leakage right away. BUT, there wasn't any. I would say she did, better than average. Which is the best we could ask." YAY!!! My super girl rises again. Currently she is on a breathing machine,etc. As you can see in the pictures, there is a mess of cords. The doctor will be around between 7 and 8 AM today to make a plan. Last night, the plan was to remove the breathing tube (which by the way is there to let her rest and not make her heart work yet, normal) and her to little tubes coming from her belly. They were allowing fluids around the heart to leave and that is dried up so they should come out as well. We should be able to hold her some time today and start feeding her regularly again. If all continues to go well, hopefully she will get her own room (out of PICU) on Saturday some time.
I will update more again, when I can.
Thank you LORD for the blessings you have given us! Our beautiful daughter, our family, friends and love between ALL of us! YOU are our saviour. Please continue to bless us and be with us. Bless all that we love and keep our beautiful baby in your arms, forever. AMEN!
(Mariana: Now Jesus is in Kamalee's heart forever!!)

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Do you have any idea when she'll get to leave? I hope the time passes quickly...I know how it is to sit there wanting to be home. Kamalee looks so big in these pictures!

JoAnn said...

Way to go Kami - our prayers have been answered. Get Well Soon We love you.

Kristi said...

aaahhh..pooor baby!! Praying for a speedy recovery!!

Michelle said...

It breaks my heart to see her like that! So glad that she is doing good. Praying for a quick recovery.

Jodi Ulschmid said...

I can't wait to hug her again!! Poor baby, but very thankful to have the surgery over and that everything went well!!! Love you guys!

Katie said...

Glad to hear surgery went well. I hope recovery progresses well!